Cauliflower Flatbread Pizza/Appetizer
- 2 pieces of flatbread
- 4 slices of provolone cheese (sliced into 1 inch strips)
- 1 ½ cups cauliflower (washed & cut into small pieces)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp of marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tbsp of grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- ½ tsp of flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- ½ tsp of fresh oregano (chopped) or dried
First, place 2 pieces of flatbread on a lightly greased baking sheet. Next, add the provolone cheese slices on flatbread. Next, add cauliflower, garlic, olive oil, pepper and salt into a bowl and mix. Next, add mixture from bowl on top of provolone cheese. Next, add marinated artichoke hearts evenly on top of the cauliflower mixture. Next, sprinkle the Pecorino Romano cheese on top. Next, place in preheated 400 degree oven for approximately 15 minutes. Next, chop up parsley and oregano and mix together. Then sprinkle on top.
1st: replace marinated artichoke hearts with scallions.
2nd: add crushed red pepper to spice it up.